Rue Magazine Blogger Side-by-Side



About a year ago I was thrilled to be contacted by the Rue crew to sketch fashion illustrations for the Rue Magazine blogger side-by-side column. I was sent a bunch of photo's of the two lovely bloggers they were featuring that month and I created these fashion illustrations, reflecting them and their style. Sarah Klassen of Haute Design (shown above) was a fun one with her bright red hair and chic accessorie styling (don't you love those shoes!) and blogger Daniella Marie (shown below) of Dress Design Decor and Daniella Marie Blog was a lovely and more girl-next-door look.
Unfortunately the sketches were pulled at the very last minute and never ran in Rue, but in going through some old project files I found them and thought would share.

(Illustrations by Brooke Hagel)

Leave a Comment

Creategirl said...

such a bummer but I am glad you shared them! I adore both these girls and love your sketches of them. Perfectly suited for each bloggers style!

David said...

These are great! And this sketch actually looks like Sarah, very nice. :) Unlike the one that was used in Rue, did not look like Sarah at all, from appearance to the dress. For whatever it's worth, your sketch was better in my opinion.

--
David

Unknown said...

Brooke, these are awesome!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Wow! These are amazing art. You are extraordinary talented.

Daniella said...

These are so great! AND they actually look like us! We really weren't a fan of the ones that ran in Rue. Thanks for sharing these! I'm sad they didn't get used!

Verdigris Vie said...

Hey Brooke,
I adore your illustrations. I am friends with Daniella and you captured her easy going style, and her fabulous curls. I was surprised by the RUE article to see how she was depicted, not a likeness of her at all. Wish yours ran..

Vie

About Fashion ♥ said...

I LOVE your blog!
You're very talented ;)
I wait you on my blog ;)
Ila.
http://morethingsaboutfashion.blogspot.it

Sarah Klassen said...

Like Daniella, I am sad as well—these are wonderful, and depict us perfectly! Love your style—you are very talented :)

Have a lovely weekend ahead...

x
Sarah

kristin maynes said...

Those are adorable! I'm sorry they didn't get into Rue...they should have. :)

Brooke Hagel said...

Thanks again everyone! Its so nice to hear that everyone likes them so much.