Kate Middleton Bridal Illustration



Meet my newest bridal fashion illustration, Kate Middleton Dutchess of Cambridge. I have to admit I was a little obsessed and was one of those people who was up at 4AM tuning into the historic royal wedding.
Weeks before the royal wedding I was contacted by The Nate Berkus Show to collaborate with stylist Louise Roe on a illustration predicting Kate's gown design. Kate's dress was so top secret leading up to the big day, it was kept in a vault and even the designer was kept a mystery. Louise and I had a long conversation about the dress, even referenced a post I wrote with designer predictions, and we were on the same page as to what we thought her dress would look like. I sketched away and two days later I was sitting in the audience watching Nate and Louise discuss my sketches!
Needless to say I had put a lot of time and thought into her dress so I was thrilled when the wedding day came and I saw her step out and into that car. I couldn't believe how dead-on we were! There were some slight differences though to my design and the one Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen did, so I sketched out a new illustration here based the wedding pictures. Here's the listing of the Kate print and if you'd like a sketch of yourself or to give as a gift, here is a link with my custom work.

(I'm also obsessed with this wallpaper shown above; Graham & Brown's "Crowns and Coronets")

Leave a Comment

playmobil wedding said...

Kate Middleton's wedding dress is one of a kind and it is so awesome. Simple but elegant.

Anonymous said...

simplicity is beauty! I feel in love with Kate's wedding gown

Marizza, www.afterflats.com

Mary said...

Hi! I came across your blog while searching for illustration blogs. I absolutely adore your style! I love how expressive the faces are. You have made a fan out of me :)

Brooke Hagel said...

Thank you Mary! Thats so sweet. :)

Liz said...

Brooke, I just want to thank you for your blog! I am currently working on my portfolio to apply for my masters in fashion design, and your tips have helped me SO much! You are extremely talented and its great to see someone doing what they love and making a living too! Its what I am striving to do. Thank you for your inspiring blog!

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

oh my goodness, that's lovely! And how awesome to work with the Nate Berkus show:-)

Madalina said...

your illustrations are beautiful