Yellow Bridesmaid Dresses



Do you ever get completely consumed by searching for something that it starts to become the only thing you see? Every store I go into, every website I'm on, I'm searching for a yellow bridesmaid dress for a wedding I'm in this coming August. Its like my eyes glaze over into the green x-ray "scanner vision" that you see in thriller/spy movies zeroing in on their targets.
I've decided that maybe like in the movie Field of Dreams, "if I build it, it will come." I've drawn a few sketches of yellow dresses that I would love to find for this wedding. Something simple, loose, short, and yellow (being the brides color of choice). It's in August, so it would be great if it was strapless and a light weight material, and something that would look cute with flats or espadrilles, because its outdoors and I'll be walking in grass, so heels are out.

Clearly I have a serious case of "yellow bridesmaid dress" on the brain. But I've drawn it, and now written about it, so fingers crossed this does the trick and my dress "will come!" It's now officially out there in the universe! :)

Leave a Comment

Amy said...

I am very surprised that J. Crew doesn't have something!

I love their wedding collection - the dresses are so simple, but gorgeous. : )

Brooke Hagel said...

I know, I LOVE their wedding stuff too! J Crew however doesn't typically fit me well. Also, with the wedding collection you have to order online and there are no returns. And last time I checked it didn't seem like they had too much in the yellow family.

Cathryn {Pencil Stitches} said...

haha its funny I am doing the same! I am having yellow for my theme, and I am hunting for the perfect dress and shade of yellow!! So I know how you feel...

Briel said...

Those dresses are super cute! I hope you find one that you love. Sorry, I have no suggestions. :)

Anonymous said...

you should check out shopbop. they may have what your looking for

Brooke Hagel said...

Just wanted to update everyone, I found a dress! I ended up going to a regular bridesmaid dress store, finding a dress that fit great and actually looks just like one of my designs, and ordering it in yellow. Thank you for all the suggestions though!

bridesmaidca said...

Amazing Design!!I love that yellow dresses.